This Earl Grey is part of Harney & Sons' distinguished line of historical English blends which were created especially for the Historic Royal Palaces of England. A blend of fine black teas, rich in natural Bergamot.
Ingredients: Black tea, oolong tea, bergamot oil.
Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is an independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle.
- Details: This tea was in the original five teas that made up Harney & Sons' Historic Royal Palace tea line. The tin is a lovely blue that is reminiscent of the sapphires found in the Tower of London's Crown Jewels. Harney & Sons have blended a special Earl Grey for this occasion. It is stronger in body than the Earl Grey Supreme as a nod to our British cousins' taste for strong teas. The lemony bergamot is also stronger than other Earl Grey Teas.
- Dry Leaves: A mixture of black and brown leaves.
- Liquor: The liquor is a clear brown, tending toward russet.
- Aroma: The lemony aroma of bergamot from Italy comes through clearly.
- Flavors: In the later decades of the British Empire, the citrus flavors became synonymous with Earl Grey Tea. This tea is true to that heritage.
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Body: Medium-bodied, lightened by the addition of oolong tea.
- Brewing Time: 5 minutes
- Brewing Temp: 212º
Harney & Sons