23cm (9) x 6.2cm (2.5) Located at at 22 Fleet Street, London,Ye Olde Cock Tavern is a Grade II listed building dating from 1887. The original Ye Olde Cock Tavern was built in the 17th century, and used to be on the opposite side of the road. This pub was demolished in 1887 to make way for the Law Courts branch of the Bank of England, and its interior--including the fireplace and mantle--was transferred into the new rebuilt pub on the other side of the road. This unusual building is the narrowest building on Fleet Street. Samuel Pepys is known to have visited the original Olde Cock Tavern, and there is a rumour that the ghost of Irish poet, physician and writer--Oliver Goldsmith--has been sighted at the pub. The Hazle version shows a pair of jolly fellows enjoying a foaming pint of ale seated outside the pub, with a beer barrel for a table!
- Tea Time
- Bath & Body